Staple diet of most of the North Indians. This dish has some variations however the Punjabi Aloo Parantha is very famous all over the world. Green chillies add more flavour to the parantha. This dish is available as a breakfast item all over the North India. Aloo Parantha goes well with curd and pickle and can be had at any time.
For Making Dough
- 2 Cups Wheat flour
- 1 tsp Oil
For Aloo Parantha stuffing
- 5 Boiled potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Amchoor powder
- 1 inch Ginger crushed
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
Other Ingredients for Aloo Parantha
- Whole wheat flour for rolling
- Ghee or oil
Preparing the dough
- Add oil and salt to the wheat flour
- knead it to a smooth dough adding water little by little. Rest it for 20 minutes
Prepare the filling
- Peel the boiled potatoes. Mash them or grate them. There should not be any lumps.
- Add all the spice powders and salt
- Add ginger
- Add coriander and mix them well.
- Take a lemon sized ball of dough.
- Roll it into a roti
- Take a lemon sized ball of the stuffing and place it on the roti
- Now fold it from all the sides
- Again roll it into a thick roti so that the stuffing spreads smoothly
- Place it on hot tawa and cook on both the sides
- Apply ghee or oil and serve it along with curd and pickle
- You can add chopped and fried onions to the stuffing.
- If you require more spice then add finely chopped green chilly to the stuffing