HOT METHI PURI
Methi is a type of Palak and has lot of medicinal properties. To understand the benefits of methi click here. It is known as Fenugreek in English. We have a good space in the terrace and we have around 30 plants planted in our terrace garden. We are growing this methi regularly in this terrace garden. Every time we harvest this methi we try something new. This time we have decided to cook hot Methi Puri.
Using Methi leaves we can prepare Parantha, Puri, Aloo methi, smoothies etc., Today I am going to prepare Methi Puri. As you all know Puri is a mouth watering dish for all of us. If you are served a fluffy puri with aloo masala, it is heavenly. If methi is also added to this puri to give medicinal benefit then it is like icing on the cake and it is very easy to prepare.
I plucked the methi leaves from my terrace garden. I chopped it finely and kept it aside. Then I chopped coriander leaves. In a bowl I added 2 cups of whole wheat flour and 1 cup besan. I mixed the chopped methi leaves and coriander leaves to them. Then I added the other ingredients like chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, ajwain and Yoghurt. I mixed them all and added water little by little to make a semi hard dough. I kept it covered with a cloth for twenty minutes.
After 20 minutes, I made small balls of the dough. Then rolled them into small circles to make puris. I deep fried these and made a fluffy hot Methi Puri. I got the inspiration to make these puris after seeing this video. Prepare this hot puris and surprise your family members and guests.
For Making Dough
- 1 Cup Fenugreek leaves finely chopped Methi in Hindi, Vendhayak keerai in Tamil
- 1/2 Cup Coriander leaves Finely chopped
- 2 Cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup Gram Flour Besan in Hindi, Kadalai mavu in Tamil
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tsp Carrom seeds Ajwain in Hindi, Omam in Tamil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp Youghurt or Curd
- Water for kneading
Prepare the Dough
- In a bowl take two cups of whole wheat
- To this add 1 cup besan
- Mix it well
- To this mix add 1 cup finely chopped Methi
- Now add finely chopped coriander leaves
- Now add the oil
- To this add Salt, Chilli powder, turmeric powder, Curd and Ajwain as per measurements given above
- Adding water little by little knead it to a semi hard dough. Keep it covered with a cloth for 20 minutes
- Take enough oil in a kadai and heat it for deep frying the puris
- make small balls from the dough
- Roll it to small circles and deep fry it in the hot oil
- Now your fluffy methi puri is ready for serving