This is a tasty and delicious parantha. This parantha is as famous as Aloo parantha (I recently posted the recipe for Aloo parantha. Click here to check the same). This parantha is very easy to cook. It goes well with curd and pickle. You can pack this and take it along with you on train journeys.
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole wheat flour (Atta)
- 3 Radish
- 1 tsp Carrom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric (Haldi) powder
- Salt to taste
- Grate radish, add 1/2 tsp salt, and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Take whole wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add carrom seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Squeeze out the water from the grated raddish and salt mixture that we set aside and add it to the flour mixture.
- Knead the mixture into a dough by adding water little by little. The squeezed out water from raddish can also be used instead of water to knead the dough.
- Now take small balls from the dough and make parantha by rolling them.
- Now place the parantha in a hot tawa and cook both sides. Apply little oil or ghee to it.
- Now the parantha is ready to be served. Serve it along with Aloo Masala or Curd and pickle.
- If you prefer a spicier dish, more chilli powder or green chilli can be added.
- Grated carrots too can be mixed along with the radish.