A easy, tasty and delicious Paneer Bhurji dish using Paneer (Cottage cheese) goes well with chapathi or bread. It is liked by everyone and can be used as a topping for dosa also.
You can make Paneer Bhurji from crumbled paneer simmered in spicy tomato gravy. Few variants are available for this dish. You can either make it as a dry dish or make it as a gravy. Yo can also make with onion and without onion.
Both my daughters love this dish very much. They like to spread it over dosa and make it as a paneer dosa. They also love to stuff in between breads and make a Paneer bread sandwich.
I have already prepared some other dishes using paneer. Try these following dishes also.
To prepare this dish you can use home made paneer also. To learn how to make paneer at home just click here and watch the video.
Now let us start preparing this delicious dish. I have used 250 grams of paneer to serve 4 people. However you can very the quantity of paneer depending on the number people you are going to serve. Likewise you can vary the quantity of other ingredients also.
- 250 Grams Paneer (Cottage heese)
- 2 tbsp Ghee or Butter
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- 2 Numbers Medium sized onions finely chopped
- 2 Numbers Big Tomato or 3 NOs tomato medium sized
- 1 Number Capsicum finely chopped
- 1 or 2 Number Green chilli slit
- 1/2 inch Ginger finely chopped or 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Kasoori Methi (Optional)
- In a kadai heat butter or ghee
- add Jeera
- Add sliced onion and saute it till golden brown
- Add slit green chilli and ginger ( add 1/2 tsp chopped garlic or 1 tsp ginger garlic paste) and saute till raw smell goes
- Add tomato and cook till they turn mushy
- Now add red chilli powder and turmeric powder
- After this add coriander powder
- Now add Garam Masala powder and cook till the water evaporates
- Add Capsicum and cook till capsicum turns soft
- Now add salt
- Now add the crumbled paneer and cook for one or two minutes and switch it off
- Garnish with coriander leaves and kasoori methi. Your Paneer Bhurji is ready to be served