PANEER MASALA DOSA
All of us at home are extremely fond of dosa. But with the recent crisis, having plain dosa a lot has become a boring affair, no matter what the side dish is. I was wondering how I could make the dosa more interesting, and I remembered that we really like paneer dosa. Thats when, I found a very interesting chutney for spreading on the paneer masala dosa here. Of course, I made a few changes to the recipe to suit my family’s tastes more. Nevertheless, this is a very tasty chutney, that shares the limelight with paneer and makes the dish really stand out. The recipe is very quick, as it does not involve any cooking of the paneer.
My daughter is very fond of Paneer. Any dish in paneer attracts her very much, Therefore once in a week I try out something to keep my daughter in good stead. Paneer Masala dosa is one such dish which she likes very much. Since the preparation is very easy, I prepare and serve this dosa to her much liking
Here, I have shared this incredibly tasty and easy method of making paneer masala dosa. Experimenting with more interesting dosas in the meantime, and please try my other paneer dishes
Paneer Masala Dosa
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Gram flour Besan in Hindi, Kadalai mavu in Tamil
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 Cardamom Ilaichi in Hindi and Elakkai in Tamil
- 2 Cloves Laung in Hindi and Krambu in Tamil
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Medium sized tomatoes
- 1 Green chiili
- 1/4 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
For Paneer dosa
- 2 Cups Dosa batter
- 200 grams Paneer
Preparing the Masala
- Chop the onions and blend it to a coarse puree.
- Chop the tomatoes. Add green chilli, ginger and blend it to a coarse puree.
- Heat ghee in a kadai.
- Roast gram flour till a nice aroma develops and colour changes to light brown. Take care to not burn it. Transfer the roast gram flour to a bowl, and allow it to cool.
- In the same kadai heat oil and add cloves and cardamom and saute for a minute.
- Add the pureed onion and fry till the color changes to light brown.
- Add the tomato puree and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add all the spice powders (turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, jeera powder and garam masala powder) and salt. Mix well and cook till oil separates and gravy thickens. Stir in between so that it does not stick to the bottom.
- Now add the roasted gram flour. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and mix well.
- Cook till the gravy thickens. Switch off the flame.
- Now the chutney is ready.
Preparing Paneer Masala Dosa
- Heat tawa and keep the flame low. Spread dosa batter in tawa
- Add the chutney on top of it.
- When the dosa is half cooked, spread the chutney evenly to cover the entire dosa.
- Now spread the crumbled paneer on top of it.
- When the dosa turns light golden and crisp, fold it and remove it from tawa. Keep the stove in low flame to get the best result.
- Serve hot with the side dish of your choice.