RAW BANANA CURRY
This is a delicious raw banana curry made in South Indian style with freshly ground powder of lentils and coconut. This goes as a side dish for any South Indian meal.
Raw Banana Curry
A delicious south indian style Raw Banana Curry with Podi
Yield: 5 People
- 2 Numbers Raw Banana
- 2 Numbers Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup small gooseberry sized tamarind soaked in two cups of hot water
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil for tempering
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Urad dal
- Few curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- Peel and cut the banana into small pieces and keep it immersed in water
- Take a kadai and in medium flame pour 1 tsp oil in kadai
- Add red chillies
- Add chana dal and urad dal
- Add coriander seeds and fry till the dal becomes golden brown
- Cool it and dry grind it along with coconut and little salt.
- Squeeze the tamarind and take the water in a kadai and boil it.
- when it boils add turmeric, salt and the banana pieces and cook till it is soft and done. Drain the water and keep the banana aside.
- In the same kadai pour the remaining 1 tsp oil and add the tempering items
- Now add the drained banana pieces
- Add the ground powder, mix it well so that all the banana pieces are coated with the podi. No need to add salt as we have added it while cooking the banana as well as in the ground mixture separately
- Now the VAzhakkai curry is ready to be served as an accompaniment for a South Indian meal