DRY GARLIC CHUTNEY
An easy and simple recipe for the delicious garlic chutney. It is not a liquid chutney, but a dry powder that is usually served inside vada pav. However, you can use it in various other dishes too.
Yield: 1 Cups
- 15 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Peanut
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds (white)
- 1/2 Cup Grated coconut
- 1.5 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt To taste
In a pan, roast the garlics till the raw aroma disappears. Transfer the garlic to a plate and keep it for cooling.
In the same pan, roast the sesame seeds until they begin to crackle. Transfer them to a plate and keep for cooling.
In the same pan, roast the peanuts until they start darkening a bit. Transfer them to a plate and keep for cooling.
Lastly, in the same pan, roast the grated coconut until it is almost dry. Transfer it to a plate and allow it to cool.
Once all the roasted ingredients have cooled down nicely, transfer all of them to a blender together. Add chilli powder and salt.
Blend until it comes together as a coarse powder.
- You can adjust both chilli powder and salt measurements according to your spice preference.
- Using Kashmiri Chilli Powder will give the chutney a brighter red colour than the normal chilli powder. However, the taste will be the same in either cases.
- Before grinding the ingredients together, make sure that they have cooled down completely. If they are not cool, they will start releasing moisture and that will ruin the texture of the powder.